The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office released the names of several more people arrested during a recent drug roundup.
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office staged a roundup of suspected drug offenders on Thursday, June 28. Sheriff’s deputies rounded up three suspects that morning, but had several more stops to make before they completed their drug roundup.
The following have since been arrested:
- Mary Holderby - first degree trafficking.
- Rita Vance, 57, of Hi Hat - first degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
- Jack Stevens, 83, of Hi Hat - first degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
- Lucille Thacker, 57, of East Point - first degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
- Shawn Thacker, 32, East Point - two counts of first degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
- Jerry Shepherd, 41, East Point - first degree trafficking in a controlled substance.
During last month’s raid, William Collier, 65, and Norma Collier, 42, both of Georges Branch, were also arrested on charges of first-degree trafficking in hydrocodone and oxycontin.
Deputies also exercised a warrant in Auxier, arresting James Edward Lafferty on a charge of first-degree trafficking in heroin.
According to Sheriff John K Blackburn, there are still more arrest warrants left to serve on drug offenders. Blackburn says some of the people he was looking for have apparently moved out of state.
Blackburn said his office had plans to arrest 20 people during the roundup.
“It’s killing people, and we’re trying to slow it down, to stop it,” Blackburn said following the roundup.
During the roundup, Blackburn says his office also picked up William McCoy, of East Point, for failure to pay fines, as well as Ricky and Shawn Wright, both of Martin, for theft by deception. Randall Vickers, of Melvin, was also picked up for violating grave sites and theft by unlawful taking.