An Oceana man has been charged for allegedly stealing diesel fuel from PRIDE buses.
Kevin Dean Fleming, 35, was charged with Breaking and Entering Vehicle x2 and petit larceny on August 7.
According to the criminal complaint, West Virginia State Trooper P.A. Jones responded to a call that an individual was possibly stealing fuel at Dehue Grade School PRIDE in Logan County. A neighbor advised Jones that they had observed a “male individual in dark camouflage clothing around the school.
Upon arriving, Jones observed a “09 Ford 350… parked in front of the western parking lots locked gate.” Jones located Fleming and observed “him to be soaked in sweat.”
Further observation by Jones was “diesel fuel spilt down the side of the accused’s truck by the fuel cap as well as both sides of the locked gate and was able to identify two school buses, International 3000 series with diesel fuel spilt out the caps and onto the ground.”
Jones also reportedly located “camouflage clothing covered in diesel fuel and a ciphering system located in the bed of the truck.” Jones estimated that diesel is valued at approximately $3.79 to $3.89 per gallon and that the truck’s had a 23 gallon fuel tank. Jones reported that the tank was “3/4 full at the time of arrest.”
Fleming was arraigned in magistrate’s court and is being held in Southwestern Regional Jail on a $5,000 bond.
• A Whitman resident was arrested by Logan County deputies on August 3 for public intoxication.
Deputy J.N. Sheppard and J.M. Miller responded to a call from Logan 911 in reference to a intoxicated female “walking in the middle of the road in the Whitman creek area.” Upon arrival, officers observed “the defendant standing in the road by the yellow lines.” Sheppard asked the woman to “step out of the road several times and the defendant became belligerent and irate and began screaming and cursing.”
When she left the road, officers arrested and charged Darlene Guy, 44, of Whitman, with obstructing, public intoxication and pedestrian in highway. She was arraigned in magistrate’s court and is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $5,000 bail.
In other news:
• Jeremy Shawn Adkins, 25, was arrested for conspiracy on August 2. He was released on a $2,500 bail.
• Terry Lee Queen, 59, was arrested and charged on August 4 for DUI. He was released on a $1,000 bail.
• Timothy Shane White, 37, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct on August 5. He is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $1,000 bail.
• Roberta Lynn Watts, 33, of Parma, Ohio, was arrested and charged with trespassing posted land and obstructing on August 8. She was released on a $1,000 bail.