A weekend ReTREAT(ment) for Problem Gamblers and their loved ones is scheduled for September 21-23 at Chief Logan State Park. The Problem Gamblers Help Network of West Virginia is inviting those who have a gambling addiction to attend.
The weekend-long conference is being held for problem gamblers and their loved ones who are seeking recovery from this debilitating addiction. Participants can expect:
1. A chance to relate to other people who have battled this addiction.
2. A new perspective on self-help groups.
3. Opportunity to meet Nigel Turner, internationally acclaimed slot machine expert from
Canada, who will explain how electronic gaming machines really work!
4. Groups led by Warren Biller, former problem gambler in recovery for over 13 years, who helped design the West Virginia 1-800-GAMBLER program.
5. Groups which examine the unique perspective of those who are in close relationships with problem gamblers.
6. Group and individual therapy sessions led by talented local gambling counselors who have helped hundreds of gamblers.
7. A seminar on repairing relationships with problem gamblers by Arnie Wexler, recovering compulsive gambler, author and much sought after trainer of problem gambling.
ReTREAT(ment) weekends have been held since 2006. Past attendees report the weekends have had a positive impact on their lives and their recovery programs.
Space is very limited. There are only rooms for 30 problem gamblers. Participants can come alone or bring one adult support person with them. Private rooms will be provided for each person/couple. If you are interested in participating, please call Problem Gamblers Help Network of WV at 304¬344-2213 or toll-free 1-888-696-2517 or email us at Pattvrmlstchs.com
There is a $25 fee required to hold each room. Make checks payable to: First Choice Health Systems, Inc. PO BOX 3324 Charleston, WV 25333. This fee will be refunded at the time of registration.
Program participants are also required to actively participate by attending educational sessions, individual therapy and GA or Gam Anon meetings.