A Harts resident has been arrested and charged with embezzling money from his employer.
Aaron Paul Goldie, 25, of Harts, was arrested and charged with 15 counts of embezzlement by West Virginia State Police Trooper R.L. Glaspell on September 11.
According to the criminal complaint, Glaspell responded to a complaint from Chris Blackburn, an employee of Fenner Dunlap, who told the trooper that someone had been using two of the companies gas cards unauthorized and provided a statement with 15 unauthorized uses of the cards totaling $763.69.
Glaspell went to the Fast Lane in West Logan where the card had been used and found footage of the incidents. He also took a statement from Deidra Manuel who stated she saw Goldie and another man outside the store and that she had received complaints from customers that the Goldie was allegedly offering to buy their gas with the gas card in exchange for money.
Glaspell, along with Blackburn, viewed two of the incidents on the videos and Blackburn identified Goldie, who was an employee of the company. Glaspell later took a statement from Goldie who admitted to using the card several times at several gas stations in the area and reportedly admitted to “use the card to buy people’s gas in exchange for money.” Goldie also reportedly admitted to taking the cards from work vehicles.
Goldie, who was also charged with credit card fraud x15, petit larceny and conspiracy, is being held in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $25,000 bail.
In other arrests:
• Justin Marcum, 24, of Holden, was arrested and charged with prohibited drug purchase or receipt on September 6 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. He was released on a $500 bond.
• Mark Taylor, aka Mark Tabor, 26, of Holden, was arrested and charged with prohibited drug purchase or receipt by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. He was released on a $500 bond.
• Donald Glenn Hensley, 40, of Logan, was arrested and charged with unlawful/malicious assault on September 6 by Chapmanville Police Department Lt. D.A. Browning. He was released on a $5,000 bond.
• Jason Williams, 31, of Mt. Sterling, Ky., was arrested and charged with domestic assault and domestic battery on September 6 by WVSP Tpr. P.A. Jones. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
• George Randall Baisden, 61, of Verdunville, was arrested and charged with fraudulent registration, possession with intent, fraudulent/improper motor vehicle inspection, no proof of insurance, no seatbelt, defective equipment and no proof of registration on September 8 by WVSP Tpr. R.E. Stowers. He has been released on a $25,000 bond.
• Michael Rhein, 47, of Richfield, Ohio, was arrested and charged with fleeing and DUI on September 8 by Chapmanville Police Department Sgt. D.J. Miller. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
• Barbara Ann Osborne, 44, of Logan, was arrested and charged with domestic battery on September 9 by Logan Police Department Patrolmen K. Conley. She was released on a $3,500 bond.
• Jerry Michael Workman, 35, of Verdunville, was arrested and charged with grand larceny, fleeing, destruction of property, public intoxication and trespassing on September 9 by WVSP Tpr. R.L. Glaspell. He was released on a $10,000 bond.
• Deloris Ann Hopkins, 35, was arrested and charged with grand larceny on September 9 by WVSP Tpr. J.E. Garren. She was released on a $10,000 bond.
• James Queen, 28, of Mt. Gay, was arrested and charged with driving suspended/revoked non DUI 3rd offense and no proof of insurance on September 10 by WVSP Cpl. L.D. Hensley. He was released on a $2,500 bond.