A Ohio man racked up a large list of charges on September 23 while out riding an ATV in the Holden area.
According to the complaint, Dante L. Allen, 34, of Columbus, was observed by West Virginia State Trooper S.A. Belt driving a Suzuki ATV “in excessive speeds without a helmet on a roadway with a center line.”
Belt attempted to stop Allen, but he fled “in a reckless manner.” While Belt was looking for Allen, he was advised by 911 that an ATV struck a vehicle on Victory Point.
Belt determined that the unattended 2006 Chevrolet truck was hit by the “same ATV that he attempted to stop.” The ATV did leave the scene of the accident on Victory Point.
Belt heard Allen running up the hillside at the accident scene and Belt, along with WVSP Troopers Honaker, Garren and Stowers, ordered Allen to stop.
Allen did not stop, but the officers were able to “grab the accused” following a foot chase. Allen then allegedly began kicking and hitting the officers.
After Allen was detained, Belt was advised that Allen’s privilege to operate a motor vehicle had been suspended. Allen reportedly admitted that was the reason he had fled from police, because “his license was suspended.”
Allen was charged with fleeing causing property damage, leaving the scene, fleeing on foot x4, battery x4, brandishing, reckless driving, obstructing an officer x4, ATV on highway with center line, no helmet and striking unattended vehicle.
In other court news:
- April Dawn Short-Williamson, 36, of Bruno, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance by Logan County Sheriff’s Deputies J. Brown and J.D. Thomas on September 21. She is incarcerated in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $3,500 bail.
- Eugene Deer, 71, of Mt. Gay, was arrested and charged with DUI greater than .15, improper turn, no turn signal and no seat belt on September 23 by WVSP Tpr. R.E. Stowers. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
- William Dowdy, 31, of Ethel, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and domestic battery on September 23 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
- Edd Pack, 20, of Verdunville, was arrested and charged with possession and public intoxication on September 23 by WVSP Tpr. S.A. Belt. He was released on a $2,500 bond.
- Carlos Justice, 55, of Mt. Gay, was arrested and charged with domestic assault, domestic battery, wanton endangerment, brandishing a deadly weapon and obstructing on September 23 by WVSP Tpr. R.E. Stowers. He was released on a $7,500 bond.
- Ricky Blankenship, 25, of Chapmanville, was arrested and charged with domestic assault and domestic battery on September 23 by Chapmanville Police Department Cpl. Lee Preece Jr. He is incarcerated in the Southwestern Regional Jail on a $3,500 bail.