The fugitive who escaped Monday and was captured again Tuesday by the West Virginia State Police has been hospitalized.
According to media reports, David Jeffrey became extremely violent and attacked troopers following his capture. Jeffrey reportedly grabbed a microphone cord from a portable police radio and wrapped it around a trooper’s neck in an attempt to strangle him.
The troopers had no choice but to respond with force from a K-9 unit.
Federal health information privacy laws prohibit government or medical officials from releasing the nature of Jeffrey’s injuries. But police say he is expected to make a full recovery.
Jeffrey was originally arrested at the Fountain Place Mall on drug and parole violation charges. He will now face additional charges in connection with his escape and his attack on police.
Jeffrey will be arraigned when he is released from the hospital.
— Nicholas Turkale, the man charged with murder and murder by child custodian in the death of 2-year-old Aydin Toler of Man, appeared for a preliminary hearing Friday in Magistrate’s Court. Probable cause was found for both charges and the case now goes to Circuit Court. Turkale is being represented by Tony Spenia of Barboursville and Adrian Hoosier of Charleston.
In other court news:
• Diana Michelle Hairston, 43, was arrested and charged with obstructing an officer on October 19 by WVSP Tpr. J.K. Harris. She is being held in SWRJ on a $5,000 bail.
• Vicki Catherine Richardson, 50, was arrested and charged with obstructing an officer on October 19 by WVSP Tpr. J.K. Harris. She is being held in SWRJ on a $5,000 bail.
• Jimmy Ray Conley, 20, was arrested and charged with possession with intent to deliver controlled substance, improper display of registration and illegal tint on October 19 by Chapmanville PD Cpl. N.D. Tucker. He was released on a $15,000 bond.
• Johnny Saul Glandon, 353, was arrested and charged with left of center, driving while suspended/revoked for non DUI and DUI on October 19 by LCSD Deputies Brown and Lyall. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
• Michael Eli Light, 19, was arrested and charged with domestic battery 2nd offense, domestic assault and brandishing a deadly weapon on October 21 by WVSP Tprs. J.E. Garren and R.E. Stowers. He was released on a $3,500 bond.
• Christopher Brian Doss, 39, was arrested and charged with driving suspended/revoked for DUI 3rd offense, left of center, registration violation and no proof of insurance on October 22 by LCSD J.H Brown II. He was released on a $15,000 bond.