CHARLESTON –The Everyone with Diabetes Counts (EDC) program is providing more opportunities for people with Medicare to participate in free diabetes education classes.
Upcoming classes include:
• Danville –Black Diamond Arbors, 824 Lick Creek Road at 1 p.m. on 3/18 and 3/25.
• Logan – Logan Regional Medical Center (classes in the Education Building), 20 Hospital Drive. Classes are every Thursday at 3:00 p.m.
• Wharton – Wharton Community Center, 178 Bennett Drive at 5 p.m. on 3/18 and 3/25.
• Chapmanville – Dignity Hospice and Home Health Office (located on Main Street across from Medi-Home Health and one block above Chapmanville Towers at 2 p.m. on 3/20 and 3/27.
• Ferrellsburg – Harts Senior Nutrition Center (Rt. 10 between Chapmanville and Harts, beside old Ferrellsburg Grade School and behind Kroger - class is held on the second floor) at 10 a.m. on 3/21 and 3/28.
The free classes, part of a program led by the West Virginia Medical Institute (WVMI), are open to people with Medicare who have diabetes, their families and caregivers. Nurses, community health workers and volunteers trained by WVMI will cover topics that include managing every aspect of diabetes, from nutrition to exercise to important tests and exams.
Visit www.wvdiabeteseducation.org for more information or to request a class be added in your community call 855-376-9382. You may also contact Mary Dayhaw at email@example.com