West Virginia State Police observed a vehicle with an expired registration driving in the Cora area of Logan County.
The officer conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle and checked DMV records.
The driver, Jeffrey Marcum, 37, of Holden, had been lawfully suspended to operate a motor vehicle for DUI on May 17, 2005. The defendant has two prior convictions for driving suspended/revoked for DUI 2nd offense, February 10, 2010, and May 4, 2010.
The motor vehicle inspection sticker on the car belonged to another vehicle and the defendant could not produce a valid insurance card.
Marcum faces charges of driving suspended/revoked 3rd offense, expired registration, no nsurance and no motor vehicle inspection.
• West Virginia State Police were on routine road patrol in the Logan area when they observed a motorcycle being driven recklessly, swerving in and out of its lane.
The officers turned on their lights and sirens and caught up with the motorcycle at a red light, but the driver looked back and saw the lights and sirens and took off at a high rate of speed when the light turned green and passed another vehicle in a no-passing zone.
The officers got the motorcycle to stop, but the driver, Brandon Wesley Perry, 23, of Ethel, failed to comply with verbal commands to get off the bike.
The officers thought Perry was going to take off again, so they pulled him off the bike. Perry continued to resist the officers as they were attempting to place him in custody.
Further investigation by the officers revealed Perry did not have a motorcycle endorsement, defective equipment, no proof of insurance and expired registration.
Perry was charged with fleeing, expired registration, no insurance, obstructing and no motorcycle endorsement.
In other court news:
• Robert Scott Earnest, 24, was booked on June 15 by the WVSP for driver’s license revoked for DUI, speeding, no insurance and driving on revoked license. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Amanda Danielle Dingess, 29, was booked on June 15 by the WVSP for domestic battery, destruction of property, domestic assault 1st/2nd (by threats) and trespassing. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Jimmy Lee Chafin, 37, was booked on June 16 by the CPD for no operators, DUI, no insurance, and left of center. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Treisa Marie Artist, 32, was booked on June 16 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance and obstructing. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Elberta Lea Dingess, 38, was booked on June 16 for prohibited drug and obstructing. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Michael Kent Justice, 32, was booked on June 16 by the WVSP for obstructing. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Kevin Dale Damron, 43, was booked on June 15 by the WVSP for possession of a controlled substance, three counts of obstructing police, three counts of false reporting to DPS and obstructing. His bail was set at $2,500.
• Robert Ray Johnson, 46, was booked on June 16 by the LPD for public intoxication and obstructing. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Ralph Gene West Jr., 39, was booked on June 16 by the LCSD for disorderly conduct. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Joni Ann Brewer, 35, was booked on June 17 for petit larceny and possession of a controlled substance. Her bail was set at $1,000.