Driver facing multiple charges
Martha Sparks Society Editor
A local driver is facing multiple charges following a traffic stop by a West Virginia State Trooper on road patrol.
According to the criminal complaint, Nicky Allen Wakefield, 39, of Big Creek, was driving along Rt. 3 on March 3, 2013, when the officer observed his 1994 Ford Explorer operating with an expired as of September 2011 Motor Vehicle Inspection sticker.
The officer initiated a traffic stop and Wakefield was unable to provide proof of registration or proof of insurance. The officer also noticed that Wakefield was not wearing a seat belt and that three small children in the back of the vehicle were not in safety seats.
A license check revealed that Wakefield’s driving license had been revoked for DUI. A registration check revealed that the license plate was on a wrong vehicle and a license check by VIN showed no matching record. The officer then performed a post arrest search of Wakefield and found a prescription bottle allegedly filled with eight and one-half Xanex pills. The prescription on the bottle was not for Xanax.
Wakefield was charged with driver’s license revoked for DUI, no insurance, improper registration, possession of a controlled substance, no motor vehicle inspection, no seat belt and three counts of no child restraints. Wakefield was arraigned on August 14 and his bail was set at $2,500.
In other court news:
• Michael Ritchie, 29, was booked on July 31 for public intoxication and disorderly conduct. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Jacky Lee Hoosier, 29, was booked on July 31 for petit larceny. Hoosier pled guilty to the offense and was given 180 days in jail, and a $200 fine and $165.25 in court cost which is to be paid within 180 days.
• Travis Edward Adkins, 21, was booked on July 31 for domestic battery. His bail was set at $3,500.
• Sidney Alan Conley, 54, was booked on August 2 for obstructing and public intoxication. His bail was set at $500.
• Jason Rodney McNeely, 35, was booked on August 2 for domestic battery. His bail was set at $3,000.
• Matthew Jacob Kennedy, 23, was booked on August 2 for battery. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Christopher Edward Likens, 21, was booked on August 2 for battery. His bail was set at $1,000.
• Eric Allen Nelson, 28, was booked on August 2 for possession of a controlled substance, obstructing a police officer, giving false information and carrying a concealed weapon without a license. His bail was set at $4,000.
• Frances Jean McNeely, 27, was booked on August 7 for obstructing an officer and permitting unlicensed driver. Her bail was set at $1,000.
• Robin Ann Conley, 52, was booked on August 7 for no insurance, defective equipment, and driver’s license revoked for DUI. Her bail was set at $2,500.
• Loretta Renee Smith, 23, was booked on August 8 for domestic battery and disorderly conduct. Her bail was set at $1,000.
• Anthony Joseph Pelkey, 40, was booked on August 9 for driver’s license revoked for DUI 2nd offense. His bail was set at $5,000.
— Editor’s Note: Arrest records are public information. Any indication of an arrest does not mean the individual identified has been convicted of a crime. All persons arrested are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Local Gas Prices