Hope YenAssociated Press
October 26, 2012
CROOKED CREEK — The Gleaners Class of the Crooked Creek Church of Christ met October 10, 2012, in the fellowship hall of the church. Lucille McDonald and Rachel Satterfield were hostesses. The ladies enjoyed various homemade soup and sandwich spreads and a variety of dessert.
President Brenda Adams conducted the meeting. Secretary Karen Dingess read the minutes from the September meeting and Sharon Lowe made the motion that minutes were correct as read. Sandy Ray seconded the motion. Treasurer Shirley Ruggles gave the financial report and offering was taken up.
McDonald offered the prayer for the meeting and the food. She also had the devotion entitled “Fudge.” She used Romans 14:12 as her scripture reference which says “each of us will give an account of himself to God.” She explained that there are many things in life we can “fudge” on but we should never fudge on our salvation, our witnessing, our obedience, our bible reading and our prayer life. Don’t fudge on the Christian life, do what you know need to do.
• The ladies assembled treat boxes to send to the college students for Halloween.
• The church will collect Nabs for the Goshen Project for the following month.
• Several other service projects were discussed by the ladies an plans finalized for the church dinner to kick off the fall revival held Oct. 14.
• The ladies agreed to send class member Pauline Vargo flowers in honor of her 99th birthday.
• The ladies discussed ideas for another video series to be used for the Sunday School class.
• The ladies will go to eat for their November meeting; location will be decided on closer to the date.
The door prize was won by Sharon Lowe and Karen Dingess. Donna Miller made the motion to adjourn the meeting and Rachel Satterfield seconded the motion.